The European Geosciences Union (EGU) General Assembly Call-for-sessions has opened up (deadline for submissions is on 6 September 2021. They are planning for a hybrid conference (i.e. in-person at Vienna and online) spanning from 3 to 8 April 2022, and the short-course (SC) can be of 3 different formats (vote for your preferred format below, you can pick more than one option!):
- On-site offline SCs taking place in a lecture room in Vienna without options for virtual attendance (max room capacity is 85 seats)
- On-site online SCs (hybrid SCs) taking place in a lecture room inside the congress centre but allowing virtual attendance.
- Online-only SCs are recorded short courses to be followed online with no physical event in the congress centre.
Just wanted to gauge people’s availability and interest in organizing a workshop for GMT/PyGMT/GMT.jl, and if there’s any interest from the community. The maximum time for on-site short-courses is 3hr 30min (2x 1hr 45min time block).
- EGU22 Call-for-sessions - https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU22/provisionalprogramme
- Short course guidelines - https://egu22.eu/guidelines/short-course_guidelines.html
- vEGU21 short courses - https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU21/sessionprogramme#SC5