Error with psconvert on GMT 6.1.1

Hello everyone,

I am using GMT 6.1.1 and I have an issue with psconvert. The error is :
psconvert [ERROR]: The file postseismic_illapel_0001.ps has no BoundingBox in the first 20 lines or last 256 bytes. Use -A option.

I am just trying to convert the postscript to pdf, and it was working on GMT 5.6.
I tried many (many things) with -A option and other thing but I still cannot resolve this error. I was wondering if it was because I have scales outside of the map on my plot …?

Thank for your help,
Cheers,

Roxane.

I would guess that there is some error in the sequence of
-K
-K -O
-O
if so, you could try to change to the new
gmt begin
gmt end
without the actual ps file it is hard to be sure

Have you checked that the ps is file is not simply empty? That’s the most likely cause for such error message.

Hello,

Thanks for your answers. There is no error in the sequence -K, -K -O and -O and the postscript is not empty because the ps was created with GMT 5.6…

could you share the ps file? Without that, I think it is not possible to give any other advice.

Yes, of course. I should have think about it ! Here is a link to download the ps file : https://dl.ipgp.fr/ixjeyfim

I tried all GMT5 and GMT6 I have here, no one of them complain using the commands:
for gmt in GMT5.4.4 GMT5.4.5 GMT6.0.0 GMT6.1.0 GMT6.1.1 6.2.0; do gmtswitch $gmt; gmt psconvert postseismic_illapel_0072.ps -Tf;done
for gmt in GMT5.4.4 GMT5.4.5 GMT6.0.0 GMT6.1.0 GMT6.1.1 6.2.0; do gmtswitch $gmt; gmt psconvert postseismic_illapel_0072.ps -Tf -A;done

I just note that you send the file postseismic_illapel_0072.ps and in your first post appears postseismic_illapel_0001.ps, so I think they are not the same.

Actually yes, the psconvert error was on the last runs (the script runs for several days, with a plot each day) and not on the first ones. That’s how I understood different errors on my script. Now it’s running, thanks a lot MarceloBanik ! :slight_smile: