GMT 5.4.5 on RHEL 9

Hi All,

Has anyone been able to build GMT 5.4.5 on RHEL 9? I am able to build 6.4.0 but when trying 5.4.5, which our application requires currently, I run into the following error:

[ 10%] Building C object src/CMakeFiles/gmtlib.dir/common_sighandler.c.o
/home/steve/rpmbuild/BUILD/gmt-5.4.5/src/common_sighandler.c: In function ‘sig_handler’:
/home/steve/rpmbuild/BUILD/gmt-5.4.5/src/common_sighandler.c:190:87: error: ‘sys_siglist’ undeclared (first use in this function)
190 | fprintf (stderr, “ERROR: Caught signal number %d (%s) at\n”, sig_num, sys_siglist[sig_num]);
| ^~~~~~~~~~~
/home/steve/rpmbuild/BUILD/gmt-5.4.5/src/common_sighandler.c:190:87: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/gmtlib.dir/build.make:130: src/CMakeFiles/gmtlib.dir/common_sighandler.c.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:573: src/CMakeFiles/gmtlib.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:156: all] Error 2

Any information is greatly appreciated.

King regards,

Steve

If you really need 5.4.5 (how do you know?) then to get past that issue perhaps try to set -D NO_SIGHANDLER on cmake so that this macros is define and hence bypasses the sighandling entirely.

Thanks for the quick reply. I spoke with a developer and was told that 6.x works. No rpm provided by EPEL yet. Trying to build an RPM for RHEL 9 now for 6.4.0.

@pwessel are there any plans to add GMT to the EPEL for RHEL 9 anytime soon?

That is entirely on the hands of the package managers. Not ours.

Thanks. I’ll keep trying to create my own RPM for now.

If your build succeeds @rustftw, maybe you could contribute the package to EPEL?