GMT 5.4.5-win64 Install Problem

Hi everyone,
I’m now start to install GMT 5.4.5 version with GhostScript 9.55 and GS view 5.0.
However, i faces a problem with GhostScript and also GS view (attached below).

Moreover, when i install GSview it is alway fail. But i’m not understand why ?

Please help me to fix it.
Best regards,

If you read the message log, you will see that a module was not found. Did you install gs?
If so, verify that the apparent missing file(s) is in fact missing. Or installed to another location.

thanks for your response. i have succesfully install gsview and the location for gswin64c in appears in bin folder also.
It is ok for installing GMT 4. But when i update into GMT 5, the bug occur.

5.4.5? Why? Try 6.3.0 unless you depended on the bugs and missing features in GMT 5?

1 Like

Because i had wrote a lots of my coding based GMT5 and there is huge different b/w GMT 5 and GMT 6. But i will consider your advise.
More thing i want to ask? is it ok to use GMT 6 with GhostScript 9.55 and GS view 5.0.

Both GMT 4, 5 and 6 produce postscript. Why a plot made with GMT 4 works in GSview, but not from GMT 5 is incomprehensible to me. Especially given the error message from you screenshot.

And, as Paul hints to; try converting your script to a more recent version of gmt. Simplifies life in the long run.

PS! Does psconvert work? You could always try and convert the postscript figure to e.g. a png;

gmt psconvert -Tg -A
1 Like

Pstext does not accept a CPT option.
How is GMT 6 different in classic mode from 5.4.5?

1 Like

Hello,
I’m trying to plot by GMT 6.3.0 now.
But i don’t know why the output of mine is pdf. Eventhough i set up -Tg

here is my coding.

gmt begin  TimeSeries_SuperTyphoon

gmt set FORMAT_DATE_IN yyyymmdd
gmt set FORMAT_CLOCK_IN hh
gmt set TIME_EPOCH 2000-01-01T12:00:00
gmt set FONT_ANNOT_PRIMARY  +10p FONT_LABEL 10p  
gmt set FONT_LABEL 10p MAP_TICK_LENGTH 2p MAP_TICK_PEN 1p MAP_FRAME_PEN 1p

gmt basemap  -R1977-01-01T00/2020-12-30T00/120/180 -JX18/12  -Bpxa3Yf1O+l"Years"  -Bya10+l"Wind speed (knots)"  -BWSen  >  TimeSeries_SuperTyphoon.ps3
gmt plot TimeSeries_SuperTyphoon.knots  -G255/0/0 -W1,0/0/0  -Sc0.3  -V    >> TimeSeries_SuperTyphoon.ps

gmt psconvert -Tg -FTimeSeries_SuperTyphoon.ps -A -I+s5c 
gmt end show

Hi

Check your code. Your are mixing modern and classic syntax. By default, in modern mode you get a pdf. If you want a png, just add “png” at the end of the gmt begin command:

gmt begin  TimeSeries_SuperTyphoon png
1 Like

Also in modern there is no need to redirect your output ( >> TimeSeries_SuperTyphoon.ps) or to use psconvert.

Try this script:

gmt begin  TimeSeries_SuperTyphoon png

gmt set FORMAT_DATE_IN yyyymmdd
gmt set FORMAT_CLOCK_IN hh
gmt set TIME_EPOCH 2000-01-01T12:00:00
gmt set FONT_ANNOT_PRIMARY  +10p FONT_LABEL 10p  
gmt set FONT_LABEL 10p MAP_TICK_LENGTH 2p MAP_TICK_PEN 1p MAP_FRAME_PEN 1p

gmt basemap -R1977-01-01T00/2020-12-30T00/120/180 -JX18/12  -Bpxa3Yf1O+l"Years"  -Bya10+l"Wind speed (knots)"  -BWSen
gmt plot TimeSeries_SuperTyphoon.knots  -G255/0/0 -W1,0/0/0  -Sc0.3  -V 

gmt end show
1 Like

Thank you very much! This helped me a lot !!!