Remote Data Download Error

Hey all,

I am trying to download earth_relief 03s for offline usage.

I used below command to download files:

gmt grdcut @earth_relief_03s_g -R0/360/-90/90 -Gdeneme.grd

I am getting an error when it tried to download N30E081

Libcurl Error: Failed writing received data to disk/application

.gmt/server/earth/earth_relief/earth_relief_03s_g/N30E081.eaarth_relief_03s_g.jp2 was not found

I downloaded the file manually but still no luck.

Any ideas ?

Does it really give the wrong filename spelled eaarth?

No, I made the typo sorry :slight_smile:

grdblend [NOTICE]: Remote data courtesy of GMT data server OCEANIA [https://oceania.generic-mapping-tools.org]

grdblend [NOTICE]: Earth Relief at 3x3 arc seconds tiles provided by SRTMGL3 (land only) [NASA/USGS].
grdblend [NOTICE]:   -> Download 1x1 degree grid tile (earth_relief_03s_g): N30E081
grdblend [ERROR]: Libcurl Error: Failed writing received data to disk/application
grdblend [WARNING]: You can turn remote file download off by setting GMT_AUTO_DOWNLOAD off.
grdconvert [ERROR]: File C:/Users/emre_/.gmt/server/earth/earth_relief/earth_relief_03s_g/N30E081.earth_relief_03s_g.jp2 was not found
grdconvert [ERROR]: Cannot find file C:/Users/emre_/.gmt/server/earth/earth_relief/earth_relief_03s_g/N30E081.earth_relief_03s_g.jp2
grdblend [ERROR]: ERROR - Unable to convert SRTM file C:/Users/emre_/.gmt/server/earth/earth_relief/earth_relief_03s_g/N30E081.earth_relief_03s_g.jp2 to compressed netCDF format
grdblend [ERROR]: Unable to obtain remote file @N30E081.earth_relief_03s_g.nc
grdblend [NOTICE]:   -> Download 1x1 degree grid tile (earth_relief_03s_g): N30E081
grdblend [ERROR]: Libcurl Error: Failed writing received data to disk/application
grdblend [WARNING]: You can turn remote file download off by setting GMT_AUTO_DOWNLOAD off.
grdconvert [ERROR]: File C:/Users/emre_/.gmt/server/earth/earth_relief/earth_relief_03s_g/N30E081.earth_relief_03s_g.jp2 was not found
grdconvert [ERROR]: Cannot find file C:/Users/emre_/.gmt/server/earth/earth_relief/earth_relief_03s_g/N30E081.earth_relief_03s_g.jp2
grdblend [ERROR]: ERROR - Unable to convert SRTM file C:/Users/emre_/.gmt/server/earth/earth_relief/earth_relief_03s_g/N30E081.earth_relief_03s_g.jp2 to compressed netCDF format
grdblend [ERROR]: File @N30E081.earth_relief_03s_g.nc not found
[Session gmt (0)]: Error returned from GMT API: GMT_FILE_NOT_FOUND (16)
grdcut [ERROR]: ERROR - Unable to produce blended grid from C:\Users\emre_\AppData\Local\Temp/=tiled_214_GO.a13200
[Session gmt (0)]: Error returned from GMT API: GMT_GRID_READ_ERROR (18)
[Session gmt (0)]: Error returned from GMT API: GMT_GRID_READ_ERROR (18)

That error comes from the libcurl library and I think it means the received number of bytes do not match what was expected.
Are you getting any of the tiles across? Some times due to mysterious issues I find I have to remove some of the jp2 files and I also find *.nc files that are way too small (e.g. tens of bytes) compared to the typical ones. So I delete those too and try again.

Yes, I am getting other tiles. So far I downloaded 6.3GB data. I’ve checked the *.nc files. The smallest size is 30KB (There are 129 of them).

Thank you very much for your time.

Just delete the bad netcdf files and run it again until all is well