Smoothing of an anomaly-profile grid (long/lat/a-values)

Respected Sirs,

I have plotted a topographic anomaly profile as uploaded in the figure. I need to smoothen the grid (for eg. using a smoothening cubic spline; I am not sure) so that the background jaggedness of the topography gets minimum and just the blue and red surfaces are shown with the smooth interface between them. And the small patches of red inside the blue dominant area or vice versa get canceled out so that I can observe the major anomaly trend only.

I thought smoothening cubic spline may do the trick but I cannot find that option in the greenspline or surface module. That option is there in the sample1d module but it’s for 1-D smoothening.
Is there any other module that can do such type of smoothening? or am I missing something?

Please advise or point me in the right direction.

Thank You. :slightly_smiling_face:

Did you try grdfilter ?

Actually, I have been trying different grdfilter -F options but since I don’t have a firm background in Data Filtering I am having problems on which parameters would be best suited for this option -Fx width [/width2 ][modifiers ] Surfing the Wikipedia page for each technique is getting me more confused.

If you can hint me to which options would be better suited for my requirements it would be very helpful.

It’s done. Got the best results with the modal filter. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1: