Epicentral distance and shear wave splitting bars

I am working on shear wave splitting analysis.
1/I would like to plot my teleseismic events on a GMT figure to check the epicentral distance. Is there a command or a GMT script can I use to have a figure with epicentral distance circles every 20 degrees?

2/ I will need to plot the splitting parameters (phi and dt) as a bar for each station on a GMT figure. Is it any specific command or an example can I have a look to generate this kind of figure?

1/I would like to plot my teleseismic events on a GMT figure to check the epicentral distance. Is there a command or a GMT script can I use to have a figure with epicentral distance circles every 20 degrees?

You can use gmt plot -SE-.

2/ I will need to plot the splitting parameters (phi and dt) as a bar for each station on a GMT figure. Is it any specific command or an example can I have a look to generate this kind of figure?

You can try gmt psvelo.

Thanks. So if I use psvelo and try this example:

gmt psvelo data_test -R -JM -Sn0.2i -W2p,red with data_test format

Longitude Latitude phi dt which is the output format from this kind of analysis) it cannot work.

if I use

gmt psxy data_test -R -JM -Sv0.2i -W2p,red, I am almost there but I want to have the bar centred and not started from Long, Lat

Any comment or advice to get a correct figure with anisotropy bars in the correct azimuth and length from the input file?

Per the documentation, you can center your vector by appending +jc to your -S option.

1 Like